Lawrence and Revkin take Schoonmaker Cup win
Published on November 23rd, 2014
Twenty-two teams competed in the Schoonmaker Cup (Nov. 22-23), the first event of the five stage Star Winter Series in Miami, FL. Strong winds on day one led to several dismastings, abandoning further competition after two races with Jack Jennings/ Brian Sharp in the lead. Moderate winds and warm temperatures on day two allowed for three more races, where the consistency of Luke Lawrence/Josh Revkin earned them the victory.
Miami Star Winter Series
– Schoonmaker Cup: November 22-23, 2014 (up to 5 races)
– Commodores Cup/District 20 Championship: December 13-14, 2014 (up to 5 races)
– Levin Memorial: January 3-4, 2015 (up to 5 races)
– Walker Cup: January 8-9, 2015 (up to 4 races)
– Star Midwinters: January 8-11, 2015 (up to 8 races, includes Walker Cup)
Star Winter Series scoring
Points shall be determined from the finishing place at each regatta. The sum of the best three of the four 2 DAY regattas plus the Midwinter regatta place multiplied times two will determine the winner of the Star Winter series. Tie breaker will go to whoever has the best result in the Midwinters regatta. Details.