2017 Canadian Youth World Team Confirmed
Published on October 5th, 2017
Sail Canada has confirmed the youth team that will compete in the 47th annual Youth Sailing World Championships to be held December 9-16 in Sanya, China. The 2017 edition will be held on the waters off Hainan Island with 400 sailors from 60 nations expected.
The Canadian roster includes 4 returning team members and 6 new additions:
• Laser Radial Girl – Clara Gravely – OST
• Laser Radial Boy – Ryan Anderson – RNSYS
• 420 Girls – Georgia Lewin-LaFrance (skipper) and Madeline Gillis (crew) – RNSYS
• 420 Boys – Pat Wilson (skipper) and Arie Moffat (crew) – RNSYS/KYC
• 29er Boys – William Bonin (skipper) and Samuel Bonin (crew) – RCYC
• Nacra 15 – Theodora Horangic (Skipper) and Helen Horangic (crew) – RNSYS
• Team Leader – Agustin Ferrario
For more information on the World Sailing Youth World Championships, click here.
Source: Sail Canada