World on Water Global Sailing News – October 27, 2017
Published on October 27th, 2017
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• 2017-18 Volvo Ocean Race Pre-Start Skippers Press Conference where straight talking Aussie ex 18 Footer sailor David Witt calls the Volvo 65 “Slow and Under-Powered.” Take that guys, at the start of their 45,000 mike race around the world.
• The thrilling start of the Volvo Ocean Race in Alicante, Spain.
• Genny Tullock of the Extreme Sailing Series talks to Kiwi Chris Steele who takes her through the GC 32 foiling boat they use for racing. Learn all about how they work.
• British America’s Cup skipper Sir Ben Ainslie is in San Diego for the penultimate round of the Extreme Sailing Series.
• All the action on Dongfeng at the start of the VOR.
• Rolex Middle Sea start in Valletta Grand Harbout for the fleet in the 2017 race.
• The heli shots of the fleet in the VOR exiting the Med at Gibralta.