Apply for 2015 49er.ca boat grant
Published on November 17th, 2014
With the aim of bringing younger sailors into the Canadian 49er class, Pitch Pole Skiff Products (aka 49er.ca) will be providing charter boats to young sailors interested in sailing the Olympic class 49er or 49erFX skiff. The charter boats will be a complete 49er or 49erFX with dolly, a carbon mast and ready to race for a period of one year. This is a perfect opportunity for young Laser, C420 or 29er sailors, both male and female, looking to make the jump into the exciting 49er or 49erFX class!
Here are the details of the program –
• 49eror 49erFX Complete including dolly and top cover, ready to sail
• Carbon mast and current sails (FX configuration)
• One year charter period: February 10th, 2015 to February 16th, 2016
• Pickup and drop-off in Montreal, QC
• For athletes 21 years old and younger
• Cost $2,000 per year
• Preference will be given to the 49erFX applications
In order to qualify for the charter program, the athletes must agree to the following terms:
• The athletes must be a team of two, willing to sail together for at least one year.
• The athletes should be part of a National, Provincial or club training program.
• During the charter period the athletes are expected to train and race regularly in the Canadian and North American circuits. Additionally, the athletes are free to bring the boats down to Florida to train or participate in the Miami World Cup.
• If anything breaks on the boat, the athletes are expected to repair / replace it (it is their own boat for 1 year).
• The boat shall be returned in original condition, less wear & tear
• The athletes shall attend all 49er.ca Grand Prix events
• The athletes shall attend 2016 Worlds in Clearwater Florida in February 2016
• The athletes will provide regular photo and written reports to the class ass’n
Interested athletes should complete their application and return it to the Canadian 49er Class Association President for consideration. Your application should include:
• Outline schedule for 2016 season
• Sailing resume
• Curriculum vitae
• Head shots and bio
• Short cover letter, outlining their qualifications for the program
Applications shall be submitted by email to Arielle Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before Friday, December 12th, 2014. A decision on the selected athletes will subsequently be made by December 19th, 2014 and all parties will be notified.
If you need more information on the program, please contact Trevor Parekh, email@example.com