Italians Eliminated From Match Racing
Published on October 4th, 2012
San Francisco (October 3, 2012) – Racing at the America’s Cup World Series San Francisco got underway today with seven races in the qualifying round of the match racing championship.
With the wind gusting over 20 knots and creating a nasty chop on San Francisco Bay, eight of the eleven teams competed in an elimination round to determine who would advance to the Quarter Finals. Already pre-seeded was Artemis Racing – White (Terry Hutchinson), Oracle Team USA Coutts (Russell Coutts), and Oracle Team USA Spithill (Jimmy Spithill).
Joining the pre-seeded teams will be:
- Artemis Racing – Red (Nathan Outteridge)
- Emirates Team New Zealand (Dean Barker)
- Energy Team (Loick Peyron)
- J.P. Morgan BAR (Ben Ainslie)
- Team Korea (Peter Burling)
- Luna Rossa Piranha (Chris Draper)
- Luna Rossa Swordfish (Iker Martinez)
- China Team (Phil Robertson).
Quarterfinal Pairings for Thursday
- Thursday (12:25 pm PDT): Team Korea vs. Artemis Racing – White
- Thursday (12:42 pm PDT): Energy Team vs. Emirates Team New Zealand
The daily broadcast on Thursday (16:30-18:30 PDT) will include only fleet racing for all 11 teams. Check out the full report …