Final Results Hobie 16 & 18 North Americans
Published on October 26th, 2013
Galveston, TX (October 25, 2013) – Big breeze and big waves for the final day of racing in Galveston of the Hobie 16 & 18 North American Championships saw three races completed in 20-25 knots of wind with large waves. Those that stayed out were truly challenged by the waves, the sea state was very difficult. There were numerous breakdowns and many chose to retire.
Jim and Barbie DOTY (USA) held to win the Hobie 18 class. Enrique FIGUEROA/Carla MALATRASI (PUR) won the Hobie 16 class. This is Enrique’s tenth North American championship win in the Hobie 16 class and in this event he won 11 of the 12 races throwing out an OCS.
HOBIE 16 TOP 3 PLACES
1. Enrique Figueroa/Carla Malatrasi (11pts)
2. Mark Modderman/Grace Modderman (51)
3. Jason Hess/Irene Abascal
HOBIE 18 TOP 3 PLACES
1. Jim Dotie Jnr./Barbie Doty (23 pts)
2. Paul Evenden/Tawnya-Dhaun Fox (32 pts)
3. Daniel Flanigan/James Flanigan (37 pts)