Audi TP52 World Championship: No wind. No Race.
Published on June 11th, 2014
Porto Cervo, Sardinia (June 11, 2014) – Around the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda patience was a required virtue today, but in the end it was not rewarded. Gentle winds proved too light to complete the scheduled coastal race. With a strong forecast for the following three days, the second regatta of the BARCLAYS 52 SUPER SERIES should still see one more coastal race and two days of windward-leeward races for the nine teams from seven nations.
Tom Burnham (USA) strategist and pit Quantum Racing (USA): The forecast looks really good for the next few days. Tomorrow we should see 12-15kts out of the west. I think Maria and the race committee should be able to run the classic coastal course that we have done a few times, out to Sparge and then back down inside again. So it looks good for that. And Friday and Saturday look really good, 20kts or more, for the two days of the windward-leeward races.
Daily racing is scheduled through June 14.
1. Quantum Racing, USA, (Doug De Vos USA) (1) 1pt
2. Azzurra, ITA, (Alberto Roemmers ARG) (2) 2pts
3. Rán Racing, SWE, (Niklas Zennström SWE) (3) 3pts
4. Phoenix, BRA, (Eduardo de Souza Ramos BRA) (4) 4pts
5. Gladiator, GBR, (Tony Langley GBR) (5) 5pts
6. Provezza 7, TUR, (Ergin Imre TUR) (6) 6pts
7. Hurakan, ITA, (Giuseppe Parodi ITA) (7) 7pts
8. Paprec, FRA, (Jean Luc Petithugenin FRA) (8) 8pts
9. B2, ITA, (Michele Galli ITA) (9) 9pts
Source: Event media