Soliciting Bids for College Match Race Nationals
Published on February 18th, 2016
Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association (ICSA) is soliciting bids for the College Sailing Match Race National Championship in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. Schools and Yacht Clubs interested in hosting should prepare a bid that includes details and confirmation of the following:
• Name & location of host organization
• Regatta Chair & other relevant contacts (club Race Director, co-host contact, etc)
• Proposed sailing venue
• Type and age of boats for the event (minimum fleet of 10+ matched keel boats in the 20′-30′ range with a fixed keel and a spinnaker)
• Local airport(s), recommended hotels, event social plans, etc.
• Average weather information for the time of year.
• Social media plan & event photographer
• A letter/statement explaining the resources that the venue can provide both physical and personnel:
– Proposed Chief Judge, and PRO
– Confirm the ability to support 10 umpires (housing, food, boats, flags, etc.)
– Housing for an assigned ICSA Representative
The dates of the Championship are fixed at:
November 17-19, 2017
November 16-18, 2018
November 22-24, 2019
November 20-22, 2020
The event budget is:
$2,255.00 in entry revenue
$3,500 ICSA Championship Sponsorship
ICSA collects the entry fees and provides the host with a check for the total. ICSA also provides all of the trophies for the event.
General ICSA Championship Conditions.
ICSA Match Race Championship Conditions.
Completed bids are due by May 1st to email@example.com.
For further information please contact Danielle Richards, ICSA Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-255-0083.