Yacht Racing Forum 2016 in Malta
Published on April 18th, 2016
The leading annual conference for the business of yacht racing will take place on November 28-29. Co-hosted by Yachting Malta and Yachting / Events, the Yacht Racing Forum 2016 will provide a unique opportunity to network, debate the future of the sport and make business.
The Forum will take into account the feedback acquired over the past years. “We will once again gather the sports’ key personalities and organise a top quality event,” says Bernard Schopfer, the owner of the Yacht Racing Forum. “The venue, in Malta, is absolutely stunning. We are determined to keep developing the Forum with a long term vision in order to provide guarantees of sustainability to our partners and exhibitors.”
Yacht Racing Forum 2016 facts & figures:
• The event will take place right after the RC 44 Valetta Cup and provide a great opportunity for participants to attend both events. The dates have also been selected in order to avoid clashes with Le Nautic (Paris Boat Show).
• The Yacht Racing Forum 2016 will reassemble the key personalities from within the yacht racing industry worldwide; event organizers, sponsors, designers and builders, athletes, insurance and financial companies, specialized media and more…
• The Forum will be split in two distinct conferences on Day One: Business and Marketing / Design and Technology. The day will end up with a gala reception that will provide a great opportunity to meet the sports’ key personalities in a pleasant environment. Day Two will host a plenary session and focus on Risk Management and Safety in the morning, followed by topics of general interest for both sailors, event organisers, designers and sponsors in the afternoon.
• Seahorse journalist Dobbs Davis will chair the Design & technology Symposium, whilst Tom Touber will chair the sessions focusing on Risk Management and Safety.
• A powerful networking tool will be provided to the participants, featuring the events’ latest news, facilitating meetings and encouraging business. There will be more networking sessions & opportunities.