Club 420 Canadian Nationals Gets Underway
Published on July 15th, 2016
French Village, NS (July 15, 2016) – The Club 420 Canadian National Championships began today hosted by St. Margaret Sailing Club with the Club 420 Association on St. Margaret’s Bay in Nova Scotia. Thirty-two 420s are competing in the event, one of the three Grand Prix 420 events of the summer. The regatta will continue tomorrow and wrap up Sunday, July 17.
Racing got underway this morning around 11 am in partly sunny skies and temperatures around 70 degrees. The winds were from the South-Southwest around 12-17 knots. The competitors raced into the late afternoon and completed three races.
The racing is close with only three races on the scoreboard so far. More racing will continue over the next two days beginning around 11 am each day. The sailors are competing on trapezoid or windward-leeward courses.
Day One Standings (Top 10 of 32; 3 races)
1. Pat Wilson/Arie Moffat/ RNSYS 5
2. Georgia Lewin-LaFrance/Antonia Lewin-LaFrance/RNSYS 6
3. Jack Johansson/Claudia Loiacono/CRYC 9
4. Tanner Christie/Paul Corkum/Shelburne Harbour YC 14
5. Eduardo Mintzias/Declan Mc Granahan/CRYC / LIMA 17
6. Marion Lafrance-Berger/Solange Pacarar/Royal St. Lawerence YC 22
7. Julien LaFrance-Berger/Dylan Stermer Royal/St. Lawerence YC 27
8. Jack Groves/Will Ross/HSC 28
9. Emily Roy/Madeline Gillis/RNSYS 31
10. Savanah Taylor/Isabella Goodwin/Shelburne Harbour YC 33
Source: Jennifer Mitchell | Toile à Voile for Club 420 Association