Ten biggest Chicago sports business stories of 2016
Published on December 20th, 2016
1. It finally happened – Chicago Cubs
2. The birth of Bryzzo – Kris Bryant
3. Goodbye Derrick, hello Dwyane
4. LaRoche, Sale and a new Sox ballpark name
5. Blackhawks break ground on practice center
6. Daily fantasy sports bill stalls…but players keep playing
8. Wintrust buys DePaul arena naming rights
9. Northwestern facility overhaul continues
10. America’s Cup comes to Chicago
Thousands of spectators and the global sailing community convened at Navy Pier on a windy June weekend for the America’s Cup World Series race, marking the fresh water debut for the preliminary event of world’s most famous sailboat race. The pier was flush with high-end brands on display—key to the city proving its merit as a possible host for an America’s Cup finals down the road. And the event was a feather in the cap of the Chicago Sports Commission on its quest to drive tourism with more international sporting events. Organizers from the Chicago Match Race Center said ticket purchases for the event came from 15 different countries.
Full report…click here.