Pewaukee Yacht Club wins Best Bar 2016
Published on February 1st, 2017
The eighth annual Favorite Yachting Bar competition began with a list of nominees, which was narrowed to 10 bars put forward for an online vote. The shortlist included bar stools from Hong Kong to Bermuda, but it was the holy ground of Pewaukee Yacht Club in Pewaukee Wisconsin, USA, that has come across the line in first place.
Yes… P-Ville won!
Located in the heart of Wisconsin’s lake country, in the land of Scow and Iceboating, with the DNA of Harken and Melges (and Scuttlebutt), this proud Midwest territory now has the 2016 Favorite Yachting Bar to embrace.
The top bars of the 2016 competition placed in the following order:
1. Pewaukee Yacht Club, USA
2. Rochester Yacht Club, USA
3. Windward Mark at Bitter End YC, BVI
4. Royal Hamilton Amateur Dinghy Club, Bermuda
5. Royal Bermuda Yacht Club, Bermuda
6. Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club, Hong Kong
7. Sloop Tavern, Ballard, USA
8. Gladstone’s Long Beach, USA
9. Happy Island Bar, Union Island, St. Vincent & Grenadines
10. Roger’s Beach Bar, Hog Island, Grenada
2009 – Peter Cafe Sport in the Azores
2010 – Soggy Dollar on Jost Van Dyke in the BVI
2011I – IYAC in Newport, USA
2012 – Sint Maarten Yacht Club
2013 – One Bar Playa Blanca in Lanzarote, Spain
2014 – King & Queen Pub in Hamble, UK
2015 – Plas Heli in Wales, UK and Pier View in Cowes, UK