Where are your buddies sailing today?
Published on March 30th, 2017
US Windsurfing has released a free mobile app they hope will make the time spent on the water more enjoyable. It’s called WaterSpotr and is available on both the Apple App and the Google Play Store. Here’s what it does:
• It catalogs all major windsurfing spots around the country. We have 600+ ocean, intracoastal, lake and river spots to-date, with more being added regularly.
• It provides basic information on each spot (dominant wind direction, parking, rigging area, map and directions, facilities, things to watch out for).
• You can visualize spots based on how close they are to your current location, thanks to the GPS in your phone (just turn on your Location Services). Or just go to the map and explore an area for your next road trip.
• You can check-in at a spot. Post a comment and a picture to let your buddies know where you’re sailing today and what you’re up to. Your friends on Facebook and Twitter can get a copy as well.
• As a result, you can check out where everyone is sailing today and start loading up the car to meet them at the beach!
The WaterSpotr app is an opportunity for windsurfers to explore new venues and connect with each other. The app is a result of information from many contributors who have tirelessly roamed the land – and water – to take stock of all the beautiful spots in their respective regions, snap pictures and write up details for everyone’s enjoyment.