Nominate now for 2018 Hall of Fame
Published on January 8th, 2018
The US National Sailing Hall of Fame, in its year-round effort to gain nominations for consideration, has imposed a deadline of March 30 (Pacific PT) for nominees to be considered for the Class of 2018 Inductees. Any nominations received after March 30 will automatically be included for consideration for the Class of 2019 Induction.
SAILING Category recognizes achievements made on the water as a Sailboat Racer, Cruiser or Offshore Sailor.
TECHNICAL Category recognizes those who have significantly contributed to the technical aspects of sailing. Examples include Designers, Boat Builders, Sail-makers, etc.
CONTRIBUTOR Category recognizes those who have made other significant contributions to the American sailing experience. Examples include Teachers, Coaches, Administrators, Media (including authored works, TV, film, etc.), Artists, Musicians, Promoters and Organizers.
How to Nominate:
• Be a U.S. citizen. Although if someone of international birth has made a significant impact on the development of the sport of sailing here in the United States, they may be nominated.
• 45 years of age or older. Posthumous nominations may be made 5 years postmortem or in the year the deceased would have reached 45 years of age, whichever is sooner.
• List of accomplishments in and contributions to the world of Sailing — races won, inventions, publications, awards, other recognitions, etc.
• List of notable accomplishments and contributions outside of sailing that you feel should be considered.
• A listing of articles, web pages, photos, videos or other publications is helpful.
• All of this information should be condensed to a clear and concise argument for your candidate.
Every nominee is considered by the Nominating Committee. Submitting duplicate nominations or engaging others in a “campaign” for your person only adds to the burdens placed on our volunteers. To learn more, including tips and videos on how to prepare your candidates information for submission, click here.
Nominate now at nominate.nshof.org
Current Inductees to the National Sailing Hall of Fame… click here.
The Class of 2018 Inductees will be selected from a combination of publicly-submitted nominations and carry-over nominations from last year, as determined by a selection committee appointed by the National Sailing Hall of Fame (NSHOF), comprised of representatives from NSHOF, U.S. Sailing, the sailing media, the sailing industry, community sailing, a maritime museum and NSHOF founding member clubs.
The Induction Ceremony for the Class of 2018 will be held at the Lauderdale Yacht Club in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on November 10-11, 2018.