USA selection plan for Pan Am Games
Published on May 9th, 2018
US Sailing has released Athlete Selection Procedures for the 2019 Pan American Games, set to be held from July 26 to August 11 in Lima, Peru.
The Pan Am Games in 2019 will be the first time the Games have been held in Peru, and it is expected to be the largest sporting event in the history of the South American nation. Athletes from over 40 countries are expected to compete across 39 sports, including sailing.
The sailing events will run from August 3-10 and be contested in 10 classes:
• Laser (Single-handed Dinghy, Men)
• Laser Radial (Single-handed Dinghy, Women)
• 49er FX (Double-handed skiff, Women)
• Nacra 17 (Double-handed multihull, Mixed)
• RS:X (Windsurfer, Men)
• RS:X (Windsurfer, Women)
• Sunfish (Single-handed Dinghy, Open)
• Snipe (Double-handed Dinghy, Mixed)
• Lightning (Multi-crewed Dinghy, Mixed)
• Kites (Single-handed kiteboard, Open)
In order for the U.S. to compete in each class, the country must be qualified at key international class events: click here.
Following approval from the US Olympic Committee (USOC), US Sailing and the Olympic Sailing Committee (OSC) released selection procedures for the 2019 Pan Am Games Team athletes and staff: click here.