Yacht Racing Forum 2019 in Spain
Published on October 10th, 2018
(October 10, 2018) – With 10 days to go to the Yacht Racing Forum 2018 in Lorient, the leading annual conference for the business of sailing and yacht racing announced that the 2019 edition of the event will take place on November 25-26, 2019 in the town of Bilbao, Spain.
Members of the yacht racing community and sailing industry from all over the world are invited to Save the Date for the Yacht Racing Forum 2019.
This event will assemble the sports’ key personalities: event organizers, sponsors, designers, professional sailors, boat builders, media as well as insurance and finance companies, and provide a opportunity to network, debate the future of the sport and make business.
“We are very proud and looking forward to organizing the Yacht Racing Forum 2019 in Bilbao”, says Bernard Schopfer, the event organizer. “This city in the north of Spain is beautiful and very interesting to visit; it also has great potential for competitive sailing. Hosting the Yacht Racing Forum will give them the opportunity to showcase their many assets to the international sailing community.”
The Bizkaia Provincial Council, the Bilbao City Council and the Bilbao Port are looking forward to welcoming the congress to the Bizkaia capital.
Imanol Pradales, Deputy for Economic and Territorial Development of the Provincial Council of Bizkaia, expressed his satisfaction for the election of Bizkaia as the next venue for an event with great potential for the territory. Pradales highlighted the close relationship that Bizkaia has with the ocean, “We are always looking for new challenges, and we have a strong maritime tradition.
“Our city is the birthplace of great sailors; our industry is linked to the sea and we are passionate about maritime sports. The Bay of Biscay is the bay of Europe, and we keep looking at the sea to continue growing and projecting ourselves into the world as an authentic and innovative place with great potential.”
Bilbao is a flamboyant city in northern Spain, the largest city in the province of Biscay and in the Basque Country as a whole. Bizkaia is a unique and exceptional place, a small territory with big dreams, which is striving forward without losing its values, its identity and its culture.
Facts about Yacht Racing Forum 2019, Bilbao:
• The Yacht Racing Forum 2019 will take place in the Euskalduna Conference Centre, a building designed by architects Federico Soriano and Dolores Palacios to resemble a ship under construction, because it stands on the site formerly occupied by the Euskalduna shipyard. It won the Enric Miralles award for architecture.
• The dates selected avoid clashes with METS, Le Nautic (Paris Boat Show) and other sailing-related event announced to date.
• The evening gala reception will take place on November 25 in the Bilbao Port passenger terminal.
• The official hotel for the Yacht Racing Forum 2019 is the Meliá Bilbao, located between the Palacio Euskalduna and the Guggenheim Museum.
• The Yacht Racing Forum 2019 will assemble key personalities from within the yacht racing industry worldwide; event organizers, sponsors, designers and builders, athletes, insurance and financial companies, specialized media and more.
Registrations for the Yacht Racing Forum will open right after the 2018 edition, on November 1, 2018. The first 80 registrants will benefit from the Early Bird rate, and save € 100 on the registration fee.
For more information and registration for the Yacht Racing Forum 2018 in Lorient, France: www.yachtracingforum.com