2020 USA Youth National Championships
Published on January 30th, 2020
US Sailing has released the schedule for the 2020 Youth National Championship Series.
US Sailing has been organizing National Championships for youth sailors since 1921, with several Youth National Championships in 2020 celebrating historic anniversaries, including the 99th Sears Cup, 40th Leiter Trophy, 25th Ida Lewis Trophy, and 10th Rose Cup.
Each Championship features specific boat classes, age eligibility, and regatta formats that include fleet and match racing. US Sailing supports Championships for a variety of sailing disciplines, such as dinghies, keelboats, skiffs, catamarans, and boards.
The regattas are hosted by leading sailing organizations around the country, with US Sailing Certified Race Officials overseeing the racing on the water and US Sailing’s fleet coaches providing coaching and mentorship.
2020 Youth National Championship Series:
U.S. Youth Championships
June 20-24: Pensacola, FL / Pensacola Yacht Club
• Qualifier for Team USA at 2020 Youth Worlds. More info on Youth Worlds selection
• Laser, Laser Radial, International 420, 29er, Nacra 15, Techno 293, and Techno 293 Plus
• Invitation only, by early acceptance or application
U.S. Youth Match Racing Championship
June 24-28: Rochester, NY / Rochester Yacht Club
• 10th Anniversary of the Rose Cup
• Invitation only, by application
U.S. Junior Women’s Singlehanded Championships
July 6-10: Wrightsville Beach, NC / Carolina Yacht Club
• 40th Anniversary of the Leiter Trophy
• Laser Radial and Laser 4.7
• Open registration up to 70 boats
U.S. Junior Women’s Doublehanded Championship
July 7-11: Oklahoma City, OK / Oklahoma City Boat Club
• 25th Anniversary of the Ida Lewis Trophy
• Club 420
• Open registration up to 40 boats
Chubb U.S. Junior Championships
August 11-14: Macatawa Bay, MI / Macatawa Bay Yacht Club
• 99th Anniversary of the Sears Cup
• VX One (triplehanded), Club 420 (doublehanded), Laser Radial (singlehanded)
• Ladder Qualification via Area Championships.
Event details: https://www.ussailing.org/competition/championships/#youth-championships