Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in sailing
Published on May 25th, 2021
US Sailing will host a discussion on The Starboard Portal in which the panel will discuss ways their affiliated sailing organizations have implemented strategies to increase awareness and opportunities in sailing for more diverse populations.
On May 26 at 5pm ET / 2pm PT, panelists will be representing organizations from different focus areas of the sport, including college sailing, professional racing, grassroots Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) program, and the US Sailing DEI Committee.
Meet the Panelists:
• Moderator – Blair Overman, US Sailing Siebel Sailors Program Manager
• Panelist – Captain Donald N. Lawson, US Sailing DEI Committee member
• Panelist – Preston Anderson, ICSA TIDE Task Force – Vice Chair
• Panelist – Kimo Worthington, U.S. SailGP Team – General Manager
• Panelist – Alessandro Ambrosi, Hampton University Sailing – Head Coach