State of One Design Sailing
Published on June 17th, 2021
The US Sailing One Design Committee will present the first of a series of Starboard Portal programs specifically for the One Design Sailing Community including Sailors, Classes, and Fleets.
This first edition will focus on the current landscape of One Design sailing in the USA. The panelists will discuss their views on challenges and opportunities and provide thoughts and opinions on the future of One Design sailing to facilitate overall growth.
This special presentation will be moderated by Craig Leweck, Editor and Publisher of Scuttlebutt Sailing News, and will feature panelists in leadership positions from around the One Design sailing world.
List of Panelists:
• Craig Leweck (Moderator) – Editor and Publisher, Scuttlebutt Sailing News
• Laura Jeffers – Executive Secretary, International Lightning Class
• Chris Howell – Director of multiple J/Boat classes, J/70, J/22, J/24 and more
• Scott Williamson – Director, International Laser Class Association, North America
• Zeke Horowitz – Sales Rep., North Sails and Pro Sailor
This session was held June 21, 2021: