In search of US Olympic Team leadership
Published on April 20th, 2023
Nearly two months after Paul Cayard resigned as Executive Director of U.S. Olympic Sailing, the US Sailing Board of Directors have formed a search committee to find the next leader of the US Olympic Sailing Team.
The committee, which is comprised of US Sailing Association Board Members, US Sailing Foundation board members, Olympians, staff, a United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) representative, America’s Cup sailors, and more, will conduct the global search for the newly titled position of Vice President of High Performance.
The job description, developed by a broad cross-section of stakeholders which included staff, athletes, and the USOPC, has evolved to offer the requirements necessary for leading a high-performance team in today’s world. A screening committee consisting of additional staff and leaders in the sailing community will review incoming resumes.
US Sailing seeks to take learnings from the past to find the best suited next leader of Olympic High Performance and set up future success in high performance sailing for the United States.
Members of the Search Committee include:
• Brian Keane: US Sailing Foundation Chairman
• Sarah Lihan: US Sailing Board Member, Olympian, Sailor Athlete, and Interim Co-Head of Olympic department
• Linda Lindquist-Bishop: US Sailing Foundation Board Member, Management Consultant, World Champion/America’s Cup Sailor
• Stuart McNay: Four-time Olympian (2008, 2012, 2016, 2020)
• Thomas Mistele: United States Olympic & Paralympic Foundation Management and Governance Consultant
• Daniela Moroz: 6x Formula Kite World Champion, 4x US Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year, US Sailing Team Athlete
• Alan Ostfield: US Sailing Chief Executive Officer
• Caleb Paine: US Sailing Team Coach, 2016 Olympic Bronze Medalist, America’s Cup Sailor
Editor’s note: To read the job description, click here.