Who will be the Catsailor of the Year?
Published on November 25th, 2013
The multihull website, Catamaran Racing, News & Design, has sought out all the qualified nominees for the title of Catsailor of the Year 2013. They are now putting the nominees to a vote, which expires December 1. Here are the nominees…
Billy Besson (FRA)
– F18 World Champ with Jeremy Lagarrigue,
– Nacra 17 Worlds with Marie Riou,
– C-Class Championships Finalist with Jeremy Lagarrigue
Paul Larsen (AUS)
– World Speed Record at 65knots with Vestas Rocket
– Shackleton Epic / Antartic Raid.
Henri Demesmaeker (BEL)
– F16 World Champ at 12yrs old with Jeroen van Leeuwen
James Spithill (AUS) & Oracle Team USA
– Americas Cup Winners
Dean Barker (NZL) & Team New Zealand
– ACup finalist & Pioneer Flight Masters
Taylor Reiss & Matthew Whitehead (USA)
– 2013 F18 Youth World Champs at Grosseto 2013
Mike Easton & Trip Burd (USA)
– 1st F18 Americas Continental winners. Top US Team at LA.
Marie Riou (FRA)
– Nacra 17 World Champ. Showing girl power crewing 1 on 1 against top 2016 Olympic hopes.
Beto Pandiani (BRA)
– Raid Master of the Beachcat World. 2013 was Pacific Route: Viña del Mar (Chile), to Bundaberg (Australia)
ARG Youth AC45 Team (ARG)
– Representing all the Youth Americas Cup teams and without the support of the big sailing nations, the kids from South America made their way to fulfill a dream born while sailing in the F18 local fleet.
Franck Cammas (FRA)
– 2012 Volvo Ocean Race winner
– C-Class Championships crown
– Olympic Campaign
UPDATE: Click here for results.