Midwest’s Largest All-Sail Show Returns to Chicago
Published on January 2nd, 2014
The nation’s largest indoor sailing event, Progressive® Insurance Strictly Sail Chicago®, returns to Navy Pier January 23-26 with the most extensive variety of sailboats, sailing accessories, and the latest nautical gear, plus attractions for the whole family, including the Sailing Simulator and the Kids’s Club area complete with remote control sailing pond. The 2014 show also offers sailors of all experience levels some of the best educational seminars and clinics in the country, featuring more than 200 free seminars and premier sailing workshops from renowned sailors and instructors.
SHOP the best selection of new sailboats and sailing products.
- Take advantage of competitive deals on dozens of new sailing vessels, ranging in size from 4′ entry level sailboats to 50′ blue water cruisers, plus discover the latest sailing technologies and innovations, from more than 250 exhibiting companies from around the globe.
- Nautical style adds a splash to any wardrobe and is also an important part of the boating lifestyle, which is why visitors can dress the part with deals on everything needed for on-the-water adventures from boat shoes to waterproof apparel and much more.
- Discover Boating’s Welcome to Water Center offers expert advice about selecting a vessel and boating on a budget, with options available as low as $250 a month.
LEARN the latest sailing techniques
- Learn the ropes on dry land by setting sail on the sailing simulator, an actual sailboat where visitors can adjust the ropes and get a feel for the wind and waves without getting wet. A great opportunity for new boaters looking to learn how to sail or for experienced sailors looking to practice under a range of different conditions.
- More than 200 free educational seminars offer beginners an affordable way to get their feet wet before climbing aboard and experienced skippers a variety of courses to improve techniques and learn something new during off season. Special seminars include an America’s Cup recap from President of the National Sailing Hall of Fame, Gary Jobson, and a chance to meet ‘America’s Most Recognized Cruising Couple.’
PLAY with family and enjoy this year’s new nautical attractions.
- Fun for all ages includes knot tying, crafting toy sailboats, a bouncy play area, appearances from Skipper the Dolphin and the return of the popular remote control sailboat pond-a favorite for all ages!
For more information and to pre-shop the show, visit StrictlySailChicago.com. Become a fan on
Jan. 23-26, 2014
Thursday, Jan 23 & Friday, Jan. 24, 11 a.m. – 8p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 25, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 26, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Navy Pier, Festival Hall A & B
600 East Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
Weekdays: Adults 16 and older: $12
Weekends: Adults 16 and older: $15
Youth 15 and under: FREE (when accompanied by an adult)
The following packages are available for purchase online only :
Two Day Ticket $25.00 good for any two days.
Family Pack $25.00 includes two adults and two children any day.
Strictly Sail Yacht Club VIP Pass – 4 Day Access $75.00 Includes access to the private members-only lounge featuring coat check, internet access, cash bar, comfortable seating, snacks and more.
*All online e-ticket purchases include a one-year subscription to Yachting, Boating, Parenting, Flying, TW Snowboarding, Sailing World (online) or Cruising World (online)