America’s Cup: What we know
Published on February 13th, 2014
The ramp up toward the 35th America’s Cup is underway. Here is what we know…
– The Defender and Challenger of Record both own remote islands.
– This will be the fourth consecutive edition to use a different type of boat.
– The boat design and event rules will be released by March.
– Teams are already hiring sailors and designers.
– Everybody agrees a nationality rule is a good idea. Nobody says if it will happen.
– The venue will be released by summer.
– Teams are seeking sponsorship without knowing the rules or venue.
– The design rule will be finalized before the venue is confirmed.
– Venues under consideration include bay & ocean water, light & heavy wind, confined & open course.
– Wikipedia thinks the venue will be San Francisco.
– The America’s Cup website has been redesigned.