Better Day at Club 420 US Nationals
Published on July 23rd, 2016
Falmouth, MA (July 23, 2016) – The 2016 Club 420 US National Championship continued today and the sailors were able to hit the water and start racing after yesterday’s racing was cancelled due to strong winds.
The Falmouth Yacht Club with the Club 420 Association is hosting the event on Nantucket Sound. One hundred and fifty boats are competing in the event. The boats are divided into two Qualifying fleets, a Red and a Green fleet, with 75 boats each.
This morning the winds were from the Southwest at 10-12 knots and partly sunny skies. The temperatures warmed up to about 80 degrees with more warm weather predicted for tomorrow.
The sailing instructions have been amended to finish racing an hour later than planned to accommodate for the lack of racing yesterday. There will be no warning signal after 3:30 p.m. five races were completed today allowing the sailors to drop a race and it also allows for the fleets to be divided once again into Gold and Silver Medal Fleets. Scoring is still being reviewed and these fleets have not been determined yet.
Check in will begin tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. and the harbor start is set for 9:30 a.m. with the first warning signal at 10:30 a.m.
Top 10, Preliminary Results (5 races):
1. Eli Burnes/Noble Reynoso 5
2. Cole Harris/Tanner Chapko 11
3. Nicholas Marwell/Aidan Morgan 11
4. Jack Johansson/Claudia Loiacono 21
5. Georgia Lewin-LaFrance/Antonia Lewin-LaFrance 25
6. Connor Bayless/Kimmie Leonard 26
7. Boyd Bragg/Alara Sahin 28
8. Porter Kavle/Caroline McNeil 28
9. Tucker Weed/Vera Mariani 32
10. Sarah Burn/Patricia Gerli 44
1. Jack Brown/Kelsey Slack 16
2. Eduardo Mintzias/Declan McGranahan 21
3. Kyle Dochoda/George Sidamon-Eristoff 23
4. Timothy Greenhouse/Jack Denatale 24
5. Julia Reynolds/Hobi Lew 27
6. James Paul/Pete Dunay 33
7. Dana Haig/Zach Zeelander 38
8. Virginia Alex/Charlie Hibben 40
9. Gray Benson/Ben White 43
10. Riley Kloc/Matt Burton 49
To see more results and to learn more about the regatta visit the event website: http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=1625
Source: Jennifer Mitchell | Toile à Voile for Club 420 Association