Adams Cup Reunion in May
Published on March 29th, 2017
The National Sailing Hall of Fame will host an Adams Cup Sailing reunion on May 19-21 in Annapolis, MD. The weekend event is for female sailors – mothers, daughters, granddaughters – to share sailing stories, go sailing, celebrate women in sailing and engage the next generation.
If you are a past Adams Cup participant (preliminaries and finals), you are invited to participate in this event sponsored by Gowrie Group.
We need your help in finding past Adams Cup-ers!
If you know any female sailors who participated in the Adams Cup, please share this report or contact us at email@example.com with your ideas/names and we will try to track them down to invite them to attend.
Special Adams Cup Weekend Reunion Activities:
• Friday night dinner with speaker Rachel Miller
• Saturday morning panel discussion moderated by Dawn Riley
• Saturday afternoon sailing on BULL and BEAR: modern reproductions of the 19th century, 28’ LOD, wooden Sandbagger sloops
• Saturday evening open-mic session for Adams Cup story telling
Adams Cup Reunion Speakers Include:
• Rachael Miller, Co-Founder/Executive Director, Rozalia Project for a Clean Ocean
• Dawn Riley, Executive Director, Oakcliff Sailing Center, Crew, America3, US Sailing’s Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year
• Jan O’Malley, US Sailing’s Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year Winner, First World’s Woman’s Doublehanded Championship
• Pam Healy, Board, St. Francis Yacht Club, Olympic Bronze Medalist
• Louisa Chafee, College Sailing All American US Olympic Sailing Team, Rio Open invitation to all Adams Cup Participants