World On Water Global Sailing News – October 26, 2018
Published on October 26th, 2018
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• The great French Atlantic Crossing race – the Route du Rhum Destination Guardelopue – starts next weekand all the big and latest yachts and Multis are racing against each other singleHanded. All the big names are there!
• David Witt found himself with a “dud” passport in Hong Kong and could not go on the race to China. Youngster Ben (Nipper) Piggott took over as “Nipper the Skipper” of the 60 Foot Scallywag Tri. Then disaster struck.
• Giovanni Soldini is first home in the Rolex Middle Sea Race.
• 2018 Sardinia Kite Foil Cup. How a kite is like a yacht or not. They try to explain here.
• MC38 Mid Season Regatta on Sydney Harbour.
• Extreme Sailing Series in San Diego.
• US American Magic America’s Cup 2021 Challengers at Oakcliff Sailing Center with Dawn Riley.
• Etchells World Championships, Day One in Brisbane Australia at the Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron and some familiar names are at the top.
• Sir Ben Ainslie chats about the GC32 win and other things sailing.
• Final Day of the Sardinia Kiteboard Grand Slam and nobody gets their lines tangled.
• We pay tribute to world known sailor and “Clean-Up” warrior Ian Kiernan who talks about his much loved boat MARIS – an Alan Payne 36-foot Tasman Seabird. Vale Bicki.