World On Water Global Sailing News – May 29, 2020
Published on May 29th, 2020
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv. Here are the updates on offer during the COVID-19 pandemic:
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• At 7:10 p.m. local time on November 29th 2014, Team Vestas Wind slammed into a coral reef, part of an archipelago named St. Brandon, two hundred and sixty-eight miles off the coast of Mauritius. Skipper Chris Nicholson recalls the crash.
• Steinlager 2, as one of New Zealand’s most famous yacht, made history 30 years ago by winning all six legs of the 1989-90 Whitbread Round The World Race.
• Vittorio and Pietro have the latest on the great “Luna Rossa” leap.
• From Team Azzura, we have the video of how the full 52 Super Series transported their fleet back to Valencia.
• CYCA continues its conversation with Grant Simmer where he talks about the 36th America’s Cup with the INEOS Team UK Challenge.