Red neck boating is not a crime
Published on September 16th, 2019
The Coast Guard terminated the excursion of this 20-foot pontoon boat with 11 people aboard after conducting a search on Biscayne Bay in Miami, FL. While there apparently are no rules against red-neck boating, they did find the following violations:
• Not having a valid Certificate of Inspection.
• Failure to have a valid stability letter.
• Not having a credentialed mariner in control while operating a small passenger vessel.
• For employment of an individual without the appropriate license.
• For failure to have a drug and alcohol program.