The World Sailing Show – October 2019
Published on September 30th, 2019
From non-stop around the world racers, to Olympic campaigns; from seasoned professionals, to grass roots sailors, The World Sailing Show provides a monthly view of the racing world. Here’s the October 2019 show synopsis:
• The first America’s Cup AC75s have been launched. We are with the American and New Zealand teams as they make history when they foil their monohulls for the very first time.
• In Mallorca the TP52 World title changed hands as German boat Platoon marched ahead in the 52 Super Series. • We have all the action from the Kona Wndsurfing World Championships on Italy’s Lake Garda.
• The Maxi Yacht Cup serves up stunning images of the world’s most powerful mono-hulls racing off the Sardinian coast.
• We’re on the podium with SailGP’s first ever one million dollar winning helmsman.
• British round the world racer Alex Thomson has launched the boat he hopes will help him win the next Vendee Globe – we see it in action.
• The world’s top Olympic sailors kicked-off a brand new season of the Hempel World Cup Series and were challenged by every type of condition on the host waters of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
• A British boat won the J/70 World title for the very first time – we have the action from Torbay in Devon.