Top 20 for Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image
Published on November 4th, 2019
(November 4, 2019) – No less than 133 professional photographers, representing 29 countries, have submitted a picture for the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image Award 2019. After the top 80 pictures had been selected, they were advanced for the public to vote on their favorite image.
Now the top 20 pictures have been selected by the international jury, with the winner of the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image to be announced on November 26 at the Yacht Racing Forum in Bilbao, Spain
Top twenty photographers (in alphabetical order):
• Jöran Bubke (DEU)
• Thomas Campion (FRA)
• Matias Capizzano (ARG)
• Michael Chittenden (NZL)
• Craig Greenhill (AUS)
• Sharon Green (USA)
• Robert Hajduk (POL)
• Maxime Horlaville (FRA)
• Pierick Jeannoutot (FRA)
• Sam Kurtul (GBR)
• Martina Orsini (ITA)
• Ian Roman (GBR)
• Marta Rovatti Studihrad (ITA)
• Eike Schurr (DEU)
• Graham Snook (GBR)
• Eloi Stichelbaut (FRA)
• Fabio Taccola (ITA)
• James Tomlinson (SWE)
• Loris Von Siebenthal (CHE)
• Bo Wang (CHN)
The leading countries are: France (4 pictures), Italy (3 pictures), United Kingdom (3 pictures), Germany (2 pictures), Argentina, New Zealand, Australia, United States, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland and China (1 picture).
Three prizes will be awarded during the Yacht Racing Forum:
• The Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image (main prize), awarded by our international and independent jury: Rob Hodgetts, international sports journalist for CNN, Ricardo Pinto, professional sailing photographer and winner of the 2018 edition, Cliff Webb, President of the Yachting Journalists’ Association, Magda Makowska, professional sailor and organiser of the Sopot Match Race, Helena de la Gandara, press officer of The Ocean Race, and Nicolas Mirabaud, member of the Mirabaud & Cie SA Executive Committee.
• The Yacht Racing Forum Award, selected by the 300+ delegates of the Yacht Racing Forum.
• The Public Award, based on the number of public votes on Internet. This is a fun competition, mainly aimed at increasing the photographers and the events’ visibility. Participants are encouraged to promote their images through the social networks. This prize will certainly reward a beautiful image, but also the network of each photographer and his / her ability to reach out to their personal network.
Started in 2010, the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award is the world’s premier photography competition dedicated to the sport of sailing, celebrating the best yacht racing image taken during the year, and which best represents the essence and excitement of the sport.
Open to professional photographers, it provides an opportunity for yacht racing specialists to display their work and share their passion with a wide audience. More than one million people saw the pictures submitted for the last edition of the contest.
Online voting is still open, and not restricted to the top 20 images selected by the Jury. To vote, click here.