The World Sailing Show – January 2020
Published on December 30th, 2019
From non-stop around the world racers, to Olympic campaigns; from seasoned professionals, to grass roots sailors, The World Sailing Show provides a monthly view of the racing world. Here’s the January 2020 show synopsis:
On this month’s show there’s the first capsize of an AC75 caught on video as America’s Cup Defenders Emirates Team New Zealand took a tumble off Auckland Harbor.
There’s also the climax of the Brest Atlantiques which saw some of the greatest sailors race the biggest trimarans around the Atlantic.
There’s a SailGP update as two new teams are announced for the new season and action from the Grand Finale of the Star Sailor’s League in the Bahamas.
Plenty of end of season world championships have recently taken place – we bring you the action and the new world medalists from Kiteboarding, Windsurfing, and three sailing classes.
• The full story of the Brest Atlantiques Race featuring the world’s biggest trimarans.
• The America’s Cup Defenders take a dip in the waters off Auckland after capsizing their new AC75 boat.
• The PWA (Pro Windsurfers Association) crown their new Slalom World Champions.
• Breathtaking tricks in the Freestyle Kiteboarding World Championships.
• Another record attempt ends in failure for Spindrift 2.
• Francis Joyon breaks the first of four World Records on his IDEC SPORT Asian Tour.
• Latest host cities announced for the America’s Cup World Series.