Entry open for Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image 2020
Published on April 8th, 2020
The Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image has commenced the eleventh edition of its international photo competition, with photo submissions open until October 6, 2020. The winners will be celebrated during the 2020 Yacht Racing Forum on November 23-24 in Portsmouth, UK.
Photographers are invited to submit their best image taken between 14 October 2019 and 6 October 2020. The 80 best images will be pre-selected by an international jury and published on the event website on October 15, 2020. Public voting will be open between 15 October and 10 November 2020. The 20 best images chosen by the international jury will be announced on October 29 and exhibited at the Yacht Racing Forum.
Three prizes, including prize money, will be awarded:
• The Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image (main prize), awarded by an international jury.
• The Yacht Racing Forum Award, selected by the delegates of the Yacht Racing Forum.
• The “Public Award” based on the number of votes cast by the public on the Internet.
Excerpts from the rules
• The subject must be directly related to competitive sailing. It includes keelboats, dinghies, multihull, windsurfing, or kitesurfing. Photos taken during training, before and after regattas, are accepted. Photos that are not directly related to competitive sailing will not be accepted.
• Photos taken on board a helicopter, using a drone, or a selfie stick are accepted.
• Photos extracted from videos will not be accepted.