2020 C Scow Nationals cancelled
Published on August 14th, 2020
In a close vote of the National C Scow Sailing Associations Board of Directors, they ruled that it is not in the best interest of the fleet to hold the 2020 C Scow National Championship. The event, originally planned for June 18-21, had been postponed to the fall in hopes the health crisis would be sufficiently manageable to host the event in Southeastern Wisconsin.
“While some of you might disagree with the decision we came to, I want to assure you that the Board did not come to this decision lightly,” said class president Andrew Bohl. “I would like to personally thank each and every member of the board for the countless hours they all spent this summer trying to figure out if running a regatta in this climate was advisable or even possible. I think we had more meetings this year than in the previous 10 years combined.”