Getting involved in match racing
Published on February 24th, 2021
When Liz Baylis, Pearson Potts, and Nicole Breault are together, it’s typically to pursue their passion… match racing. But this time Bridget Groble, who is a member of the U.S. Match Racing Committee and Chair of the Women’s Match Racing Working Party, has corralled this trio to talk sailing, specifically, match racing.
This online live session will discuss the best ways to get involved in match racing with the panelists will exchanging ideas and sharing stories of their pathway to match racing, and how experienced racers, or new to sailing or match racing beginners, can do the same.
Liz Baylis (San Rafael, CA):
• 2002 Women’s Match Racing World Champion
• Three-time U.S. Women’s Match Racing Champion (2 skipper, 1 crew)
• 2002 Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year
• Executive Director of the Women’s International Match Racing Association (WIMRA)
Pearson Potts (Newport, RI):
• Two-time U.S. Match Racing Champion
• Chair of US Sailing Match Racing Committee
Nicole Breault (San Francisco, CA):
• Three-time U.S. Women’s Match Racing Champion
• US Sailing Match Racing Committee member
Tune in on February 25 at 7pm ET / 4pm PT: https://www.ussailing.org/news/matchracing-starboardportal/