New roadmap for Olympic Movement
Published on March 12th, 2021
The International Olympic Committee members approved the recommendations in Olympic Agenda 2020+5 at the 137th IOC Session. This new roadmap, which consists of 15 recommendations, builds on initiatives in Olympic Agenda 2020 to guide the work of the IOC and the Olympic Movement for the next five years.
The key trends include:
• The need for greater solidarity within and among societies;
• The growth in digitalization, while keeping in mind the need to expand digital capability to the currently digitally underserved;
• The urgency of achieving sustainable development;
• The growing demand for credibility, both of organizations and institutions; and
• The need to build resilience in the face of the financial and economic consequences that will result from the COVID-19 pandemic and which will influence priority-setting among governments and enterprises.
To review the complete document, click here.