2021 470 European Championships
Published on May 7th, 2021
Vilamoura, Portugal (May 7, 2021) – The 6th and last day of the 2021 470 European Championships concluded with the Medal Race for the top ten teams in each fleet. With champagne sailing for the finale, the results are as follows:
1. Nitai Hasson and Saar Tamir from Israel – European Champions
2. Theres Dahnke and Matti Cipra from Germany – 2nd Place
3. Vita Heathcote and Ryan Orr from GBR – 3rd Place
1. Kevin Peponnet and Jeremie Mion from France – European Champions
2. Jordi Xammar and Nicolas Rodriguez from Spain – 2nd Place
3. Anton Dahlberg and Fredrik Bergstrom from Sweden – 3rd Place
The Open European Championship was won by Paul Snow-Hansen and Dan Willcox from New Zealand (above).
1. Camille Lecointre and Aloise Retornaz from France – European Champions
2. Hannah Mills and Eilidh McIntyre from GBR – 2nd Place
3. Linda Fahrni and Maja Siegenthaler from Switzerland – 3rd Place
Among the top North American teams, Stu McNay/ Dave Hughes (USA) were 17th in Men’s, Nikole Barnes/ Lara Dallman-Weiss (USA) were 12th in Women’s, and Louisa Nordstrom/ Trevor Bornarth (USA) were 10th in Mixed.
There were 11 races and a Medal Race on May 2-7.
The next stop of the Olympic fleets will be July in Enoshima, Japan.
Source: 470 Class