Pauline Courtois wins Women’s Match Racing Worlds
Published on October 31st, 2021
Pauline Courtois (FRA), ranked #1 in the world, proved she deserves the standing by winning the 2021 Women’s Match Racing World Championship held October 28-31 in Normandy, France. Competing in J/80s, Courtois was undefeated throughout the event, advancing to the semi-finals with Renée Groeneveld (NED), Anna Ostling (SWE), and Margot Riou (FRA). Courtois beat Riou to advance to the finals against Groeneveld, blanking the Dutch for the title, while Ostling beat Riou in the petit finals.
1. FRA Pauline Courtois / Match in Pink by Normandy Elite Team
2. NED Renée Groeneveld / Dutch Match Racing Team
3. SWE Anna Ostling / WINGS
4. FRA Margot Riou / APCC Women Sailing Team
5. FIN Marinella Laaksonnen / L2 Match Racing Team
6. FRA Kenza Coutard / Match’u Piccu
7. SWE Sanna Mattsson / Swedish Women’s Match Racing Team
8. GBR Octavia Owen / Athena Racing
Prior to the 2020 edition which was cancelled, Lucy Macgrego (GBR) won the 2019 Women’s Match Racing World Championship, her third consecutive world title.
The Women’s Match Racing Worlds is an annual event which began in 1999 in Genoa, Italy. Skippers are invited to attend the Championship based on their World Sailing World Match Racing Ranking position.