All go for 2022 Long Beach Race Week
Published on April 4th, 2022
Benched for two years due to COVID-19 restrictions, Ullman Sails Long Beach Race Week returns to the west coast on June 24 to 26 in Long Beach, CA. The 2022 edition marks the 17th year Alamitos Bay Yacht Club (ABYC) and Long Beach Yacht Club (LBYC) co-hosting the event.
Over 100 boats are expected with seven windward-leeward races scheduled for PHRF and One-Design divisions, which include Schock 35 and Viper 640 racers vying for their Pacific Coast Championship titles, and Beneteau 36.7 sailors racking up scores for their High Point Series.
Plus, the Catalina 37 fleet will be racing for the National Championship title and there may still be boats available for charter. Check for details at www.lbrw.org.
For Random Leg classes, three races are slated with a variety of scenic course configurations and lengths around marks and landmarks in San Pedro Bay.
Trophies will be presented daily for the above categories as well as overall honors. And there are several special awards:
• Satariano Boat of the Week: One-design class winner in the division with the closest, most competitive racing.
• PHRF Boat of the Week: PHRF class winner in the division with the closest, most competitive racing.
• Kent Golison Family Trophy: Highest placing boat sailed by at least three members of an immediate family.
• Travel Trophy: Boat owner traveling the furthest from his/her hometown.
• Yacht Club Challenge: Based on the combined score of three teams – designated prior to racing.