World Sailing Judicial Decisions
Published on December 11th, 2022
Disciplinary and appeal decisions within World Sailing are determined by Independent Panels appointed by the Judicial Board. Decisions made by Member National Authorities (MNAs) are decided by the disciplinary systems of those MNAs.
The Judicial Board members are: Hon. Ruth Miller (Chair), Alberto Predieri (Vice-Chair), Prof. Bruce Collins QC, Mark Yeadon, Dr. Anne Jakob, Dr. David Sharpes QC SC, and Carol Roberts. Scuttlebutt periodically shares their current decisions. Here is an update as of December 11, 2022:
• None at present
• Olivier Bovyn, Appeal of Race Official Committee Decision – Dismissed
• Didier Flamme, Appeal of Race Official Committee decision – Dismissed
• Murray Jones, Appeal of Regulation 32 Sanction – Sanction set aside
• Cosmin Andronic, Appeal of Race Official Committee Decision, Dismissed
• Tatiana Ermakova et al, Appeal of Race Official Committee Decision, Dismissed
Questions, reports, or comments on disciplinary matters should be sent by email or in writing to the Chief Executive Officer. For additional details, click here.
The only change to this list from our previous update was the dismissed appeal from eight officials which had been suspended by World Sailing in support of the request by the International Olympic Committee toward Russian and Belarusian athletes and officials following the Russian invasion of Ukraine.