Changes to SailGP Season 4
Published on March 7th, 2023
When the fourth season of the global sports league SailGP was released in September 2022, the 14 event dates were listed but the venues had not all been confirmed for the 2023-24 schedule. Six months later, the schedule has gotten shuffled but the league has confirmed their return to France for the Sail Grand Prix | Saint-Tropez on September 9-10, 2023.
For the third consecutive year, the Gulf of Saint-Tropez will be hosting the F50 catamarans, and will be the first event of the European leg of the Season 4 calendar . It was in this picturesque village on the French Riviera – famous for its glitz and glamor – where France driver Quentin Delapierre set the all-time speed record for the league at the 2022 France Sail Grand Prix.
“I’ll never forget that memorable day where we pushed the limits with three amazing races while going nearly 100 km/h with eight boats around us going just as fast,” said Delapierre. “It was racing on the edge, the boat was shaking but it was so exciting!”
The full SailGP Season 4 Schedule will be announced at the end of March 2023.
SAILGP SEASON 4 SCHEDULE*
June 16-17 – Chicago, USA
September 9-10 – Saint-Tropez, France
September 23-24 – Taranto, Italy
October 14-15 – Cádiz, Spain
January 12-13 – Singapore
February 16-17 – Sydney, Australia
March 15-16 – Auckland, New Zealand
May 4-5 – Hamilton, Bermuda
June 22-23 – North America venue TBA
July 13-14 – USA venue TBA (Grand Final)
* It is our understanding the SailGP online calendar reflects event dates based on the viewer’s location, and not based on the venue location. These dates reflect the Pacific Time Zone; confirm online for your location.
SailGP information – Season 3 scoreboard – Facebook – How to watch
2022-23 SailGP Season 3 Schedule
May 14-15, 2022 – Bermuda Sail Grand Prix presented by Hamilton Princess
June 18-19, 2022 – United States Sail Grand Prix | Chicago at Navy Pier
July 30-31, 2022 – Great Britain Sail Grand Prix | Plymouth
August 19-20, 2022 – ROCKWOOL Denmark Sail Grand Prix | Copenhagen
September 10-11, 2022 – France Sail Grand Prix | Saint-Tropez
September 24-25, 2022 – Spain Sail Grand Prix | Andalucía – Cádiz
November 12-13, 2022 – Dubai Sail Grand Prix presented by P&O Marinas
January 13-14, 2023 – Singapore Sail Grand Prix
February 17-18, 2023 – Australia Sail Grand Prix | Sydney
March 17-18, 2023 – New Zealand Sail Grand Prix | Christchurch
May 6-7, 2023 – United States Sail Grand Prix | San Francisco (Season 3 Grand Final)
Format for 2022-23 SailGP events:
• Teams compete in identical F50 catamarans.
• Each event runs across two days.
• There are three qualifying races each day for all nine teams.*
• The top three teams from qualifying advance to a final race to be crowned event champion and earn the largest share of the $300,000 prize money to be split among the top three teams.
• The season ends with the Grand Final, which includes the Championship Final Race – a winner-takes-all match race for the $1m prize.
* Qualifying schedule increased from five to six races at France SailGP.
For competition documents, click here.
Established in 2018, SailGP seeks to be an annual, global sports league featuring fan-centric inshore racing in some of the iconic harbors around the globe. Rival national teams compete in identical F50 catamarans for event prize money as the season culminates with a $1 million winner-takes-all match race.