Top 20 for Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image
Published on November 9th, 2023
The 2023 Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image has advanced 20 yacht racing photographers representing thirteen nations for the final phase of the 14th edition of the contest. Selected by the international jury, the top 20 pictures will be exhibited at 2023 METSTRADE in Amsterdam. The winners will be announced November 16 at the trade show.
Three prizes will be awarded to the winners: the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image Award (main prize), selected by the international jury, the Public Award, based on the number of public votes cast online and the Delegates Award based on votes by METSTRADE visitors.
There were initially 144 submissions from photographers representing 30 nations, with all images taken between October 10, 2022 and October 8, 2023. The event jury had revealed the 80 best images which were also put forth for the public award for voting until November 8.
The rules for the 14th edition required the pictures submitted to reflect the spirit of yacht racing, and may have been taken at any time – before, during, and after competition.
• The winner of the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award will receive € 1000 prize money
• The winner of the Delegates Award will receive € 500 prize money
• The winner of the Public Award will receive € 500 prize money
2023 International Jury
• Nicolas Mirabaud, Managing Partner, Mirabaud Bank (SUI)
• Tatiana Pokorny, Journalist, German News Agency & Yacht (GER)
• Alexandra Rickham, Head of Sustainability, World Sailing (GBR)
• Scott Dougal, Director of Communications and Digital, World Sailing (GBR)
• Nico Martinez, photographer, winner of MYRI 2022 (ESP)
• Laurène Coroller, journalist, Voiles & Voiliers (FRA)