ATLANTIC CUP: Two Down, One To Go
Published on May 20th, 2013
ATLANTIC CUP: Two Down, One To GoPublished on May 20th, 2013
The Atlantic Cup presented by 11th Hour Racing is a dedicated professional Class40 race held annually in the U.S. The 2013 edition started with a doublehanded leg on May 11 from Charleston, SC to New York, NY (648 nm), and another doublehanded leg on May 18 from New York to Newport, RI (260 NM). The event concludes on May 25-26 with inshore fully crewed (six people on board) buoy racing in Narragansett Bay.
Here are the current results following the completion of the two doublehanded stages.
1. Bodacious Dream – USA (Dave Rearick, Matt Scharl), 28 points
2. Lecoq Cuisine – USA (Eric Lecoq, Conrad Colman), 24
3. Gryphon Solo 2 – USA (Joe Harris, Tristan Mougline), 16
4. Icarus Racing – USA (Tim Fetsch, Ben Poucher), 14
5. 40 Degrees – GBR (Hannah Jenner, Peter Harding), 14
6. Dragon – USA (Michael Hennessy, Rob Windsor), 12
7. Pleiad Racing – USA (Ed Cesare, Chad Corning), 4
The competitors have a chance to win prize money in all portions of the race. The $15,000 purse will be split between the three legs with $5,000 available per leg. The prize money for each leg will be divided as follows: 1st will receive $2,000, 2nd, $1,500, 3rd, $1,000 and 4th place receives $500.
Finish photos of the second stage in Newport, RI by Billy Black.