Canadian Team Selected for Youth Sailing Worlds
Published on September 28th, 2016
Kingston, ON (September 28, 2016) – Sail Canada has announced the team that will represent Canada at the 46th annual Youth Sailing World Championships on December 14-20 in Auckland, New Zealand.
“The competition in Canada for Youth Worlds has been tough, which only makes our selected athletes stronger when competing against the other 70 nations,” notes Team Leader Agustin Ferrario. “We are very excited for the challenge ahead!”
The Canadian roster includes 6 returning team members and 3 new additions:
• Laser Radial Women – Lauren Sullivan – RNSYS
• Laser Radial Men – Matti Muru – OST
• I420 Women – Georgia Lewin-LaFrance (skipper) and Madeline Gillis (crew) – RNSYS
• I420 Men – Pat Wilson (skipper) and Arie Moffat (crew) – RNSYS/KYC
• 29er Women – Emily Bugeja (skipper) and Astrid Frykman (crew) – RVYC
• 29er Men – Eric Lyall (skipper) and Andrew Wood (crew) – RVYC
Canada will not be competing in three events: RS:X Women and Men and Nacra 15 Open.
The 2015 event had 76 competing nations with over 300 participants in Langkawi, Malaysia.
Source: Sail Canada