World on Water Global Sailing News – February 16, 2018
Published on February 16th, 2018
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Turn The Tide On Plastic finds a “Ghost Ship”, the abandoned Sea Nymph 1,000 nm off Japan in the Pacific Ocean. Their drone films the yacht floating on the placid sea. Brian Thompson reports from TTTOP.
• Leaving Hong Kong Scallywag went north to the cost of Taiwan and it’s paid off.
• The SuperFoiler fleet moves to Geelong Victoria.
• Niklas Zennstrom of RAN Racing has moved to the Fast 40+ fleet and is having a new boat built by Carkeek Design Partners. Here it is.
• David Witt, skipper of Scallywag, gives his thoughts on Leg 6 Hong Kong-Auckland and gives us an idea that he’s going North!
• “Groundhog Day” on the Volvo.
• 18 Footers Championships Race 5 and a thrilling run by ILVE. You’ll love this.
• Info on the coming Caribbean 600 later this month run by the RORC.
• Then Antigua Sailing Week. Highlights of 2017.