World on Water Global Sailing News – February 23, 2018
Published on February 23rd, 2018
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Leaving Hong Kong Scallywag went north to the cost of Taiwan and it’s paid off.
• Leg 6 Day 12 “Snakes and Ladders” in the Doldrums at the equator heading for Auckland where the leaders of the Volvo fleet are expected around Feb 27th.
• The SuperFoiler fleet have moved to Australia’s Gold Coast to race on the shallow Broadwater at Southport.
• Preview of the 2018 RORC Caribbean 600.
• Leg 6 and the Volvo boats are sailing through huge areas of floating plastic. Look at this and let’s Turn The Tide On Plastic.
• Super Finn sailor Oli Tweddell takes us through the Finn and gives advice of how to sail it.
• Volvo yacht Vestas 11th Hour Racing is in New Zealand after delivery via ship and its new bow sections are in from Persico in Italy. The Kiwi shiprights are busy fitting the new sections to the boat making it ready for Leg 7 to Brazil the double points leg.
• A gear “transfer” for a yacht in the Clipper Round The World Race. They needed a new WATERMAKER! Here’s how they got a new one at sea.