World on Water Global Sailing News – April 27, 2018
Published on April 27th, 2018
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Niklas Zennstrom’s Carkeek Design Partners new Fast 40+ RAN 7 hits the water in readiness to its first race this weekend. And it looks sleek and fast. Its keel bulb is painted gold as a token to RAN the Swedish Water God not to take them.
• The Clipper Round The World Race fleet in heavy conditions in the Northern Pacific heading to Seattle USA.
• Volvo Ocean Race Itajai Brazil Skippers Press Conference featuring David Witt, Bouwe Bekking, Charles Caudrelier, and Charlie Enright.
• Start of Leg 8 of the VOR from Itajai Brazil to Newport Rhode Island USA.
• Fast 40+ “Girls On Film” readies for this weekend’s racing. This is a huge fleet evolving in the Solent.
• Day 4 of the Congressional Cup in Long Beach and to quote a phrase, “It’s moving day”.
• Aussie Sailing Legend Chris Nicholson gives us all a “Master-Class” on sailing downwind in a big seaway. This is a must for anyone who puts the “stick” in their hands.
• The Melbourne to Osaka Cup Yacht Race is won by Rupert Henry’s “Chinese Whisper”.