World on Water Global Sailing News – May 4, 2018
Published on May 4th, 2018
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Sir Ben ainslie sells his America’s Cup Challenge Land Rover BAR team to English company INEOS for a truck full of cash so for 2021 it’s Game On!
• The huge 100 Foot Foiling Trimarans are having their first competitive outing at Nice in the Med and all eyes are on these big beasts in Nice UltiMed.
• The final races of the Congressional Cup in Long Beach.
• One of the next Vendee Globe entrants is Conor Fogerty of Ireland and we see his attempt.
• Don’t miss this segment titled “Clouds, Steak and Winches”.
• Bouwe Bekking is a global Sailing Superstar and when he explains things we all listen.Here he explains “Clouds” and their effect on winds.
• What do you do in a grueling round the world race when in the middle of nowhere you see a freighter nearby? Well, you send off your drone and catch the crew setting up a Bar-B-Q on their aft deck. Then you get a wiff of grilling steaks to go with your freeze dried rations. Serves you right!
• Conrad Colman in Alicante explains about winches.
• Great videos coming out of Antigua Sailing Week in English Harbour.
• Pro Sailor and VP North Sails Paul Westlake talks about most forms of sailing in the past year and what’s coming up in the Fast 40, TP 52, PAC 52, Vendee Globe, America’s Cup, Volvo Ocean Race, and much-much more. He also talks about sails and all things sailing.