Skunked at WIM Series Lysekil
Published on August 10th, 2018
Lysekil, Sweden (August 10, 2018) – Extreme wind conditions kept everyone ashore today and prevented any racing at the Lysekil Women’s Match, the second event of the Women’s International Match Racing Series.
The results from yesterday’s quarter-finals will stand and four teams led by skippers Henriette Koch (DEN), Anna Östling (SWE), Pauline Courtois (FRA), and Johanna Bergqvist (SWE) are ready for tomorrow’s semi- finals.
As the winner of the round robin stage, Koch’s team will get to select their opponent for their semi-final match, with their decision to be revealed before racing tomorrow.
Teams are racing the Fareast 28r from August 6 to 11.
Final Results in the quarter-finals:
Claire Leroy, FRA – Johanna Bergqvist, SWE 0 – 2
Pauline Courtois, FRA – Marinella Laaksonen, FIN 2 – 0
Anna Östling, SWE – Alexa Bezel, SUI 2 – 0
Henriette Koch, DEN – Antonia Degerlund, FIN 2 – 0
Standings after round-robin (skipper, team, nationality, wins – losses):
1. Henriette Koch, Women On Water / Team Kattnakken, DEN, 10-1
2. Anna Östling, Team Anna, SWE, 9-2
3. Pauline Courtois, Match in Pink by Normandy Elite Team, FRA, 9-2
4. Claire Leroy, New Sweden Match Racing Team, FRA, 8-3
5. Marinella Laaksonen , L2 Match Racing Team, FIN, 8-3
6. Johanna Bergqvist, Team Bergqvist Match Racing, SWE, 6-5
7. Alexa Bezel, Swiss Women Match Racing Team, SUI, 5-6
8. Antonia Degerlund, Team Sköna Vibbisar, FIN, 3-8
9. Ekaterina Kochkina, ProKaTeam Sailing Team, RUS, 3-8
10. Margot Vennin, Matchmoiselles by Normandy Elite Team, FRA, 3-8
11. Sanna Mattsson, Swedish Women’s Match Racing Team, SWE, 1-10
12. Octavia Owen, Athena Racing, GBR, 1-10
The Women’s International Match Racing Association (WIMRA) was formed in 1996 and is an international association of women sailors whose mission is to expand and strengthen global match racing and promote opportunities for competitive women’s sailing at every level.
WIMRA created the first and only professional sailing series for women in 2013 – the Women’s International Match Racing Series (WIM Series). The WIM Series delivers a global circuit of competition to test the world’s best sailors in a format of round robin and knock-out matches.
2018 WIM Series Schedule
June 25-29: Helsinki Women’s Match – Helsinki, Finland (J/80)
August 6-11: Lysekil Women’s Match – Lysekil, Sweden (Fareast 28r)
August 14-18: Women’s Match Racing World Championship – Ekaterinburg, Russia (Ricochet 747)
October 30-November 3: Swiss International Women’s Match – Ascona, Switzerland (J/70)
November 29-Decenber 2: Carlos Aguilar Match Race – St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands (IC 24)
Source: WIM Series