World On Water Global Sailing News – October 5, 2018
Published on October 5th, 2018
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• America’s Cup winners Larry Ellison and his Kiwi CEO Sir Russell Coutts, whose team lost the Cup to ETNZ in Bermuda with their foiling catamarans, have announced a World Series called “SAIL GP” set to commence in Sydney, Australia in February 2019.
• The 2018 J/70 World Championships with 91 boats on the line in Marblehead.
• Plenty of action at the 2018 RC44 World Championship.
• Profile of Golden Globe Race skipper, Abhilash Tomy. The Indian Navy entrant was rolled in his yacht, and is now ashore.
• NYYC Resolute Cup.
• The Sun Hung Kai/Scallywag Racing Team, lead by Aussie David Will, have put the 100-footer together for the Boxing Day meet with the other four 100-foot maxis (Comanche, Wild Oats XI, Black Jack, Infoteck) in the 2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart Race.