World On Water Global Sailing News – October 12, 2018
Published on October 12th, 2018
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• The Melges IC37 – could this be the “Mini TP52?”
• A preview of the mulithulls participating in the Route du Rhum-Destination Guadeloupe, which starts in November.
• Windsurfing Worlds in Portumaio, Portugal.
• A recap of the Rolex Big Boat Series in San Francisco, CA.
• Jean-Luc Van Den Heede leads the Golden Globe Fleet into the compulsory “Media” Pitstop in Hobart, Tasmania.
• 2018 Farr 40 World Championship in Chicago, IL.
• How do the canting foils work on the new America’s Cup yachts?
• The “Sailor Profile” this week is Aussie super-sailor Jimmy Spithill.
• Think you’ve got the experience? The Clipper Round The World Race seeks skippers for the Clipper 70s for the next edition.